Monday, March 21, 2011

The experiment worked!

In November, I bought several bags of bulbs. The plan was to plant them and increase the garden bulbs planted in ground. By the time I got around to it, it was New Year's Day. After planting what I could in the ground, I had some left over. I pulled out my containers and threw them in. I tried using the layers concept - planted 2-3 layers per container.

The weather turned frigid by the end of the day, and I was concerned the freshly planted bulbs would freeze, so I put a cap of straw on all of the containers.

As winter waned, we continued to have ultra wet weather.
And then it snowed at the end of February.
The bulbs had already peeked out of the hay mulch.

But, by the first day of spring, the containers are blossoming and all is well!

No comments:

Post a Comment